Orthopaedic Clinician/Equine Radiologist
Bosdreef Veterinary Hospital, Morebeke-Waas, Belgium
Bosdreef Veterinary Hospital is a state-of-the-art hospital located in Moerbeke-Waas, Belgium. As an equine referral centre Bosdreef works with Diplomates and Associates in Equine Surgery and Orthopedics, Internal Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging. The Bosdreef team performs in between 18 and 20,000 equine consultations annually. The case load is a large group of elite sportshorses and smaller group of recreational horses. The hospital consists of 3 surgery theaters, 6 examination rooms, trot up lines, indoor arena, 52 boxes, offices and studios. The diagnostic imaging unit contains a Hallmarq standing MRI scanner, a gamma scintigraphy unit (MIE Germany), a large bore Aquilion Canon CT scanner, installed on a movable platform, high power fixed radiography and portable radiography and several Esaote ultrasonography devices.
Take a look on www.bosdreef.be or our facebook and instagram page.
- Veterinarian with some years of experience.
- Strong focus on Equine Orthopaedics and Diagnostic Imaging.
- Extra qualifications (Diplomate, certificate, ISELP, Associate,…) not required, but welcome.
- Team Player.
- Referral work attitude. No first line practice. Diagnostic curiosity. Self critical. Low Profile. Rock’n’Roll.
- You speak fluently English and French and you will learn Dutch.
- Over 25 years of referral hospital experience in orthopaedics, diagnostic imaging, surgery and internal medicine.
- Pioneers in implementation of new diagnostic modalities. Gamma scintigraphy since 2000, standing MRI since 2004. Qualisys motion analysis since 2017. Pioneers in development of new surgery techniques.
- State-of-the-art new hospital building since 2017.
- Team of +/- 15 veterinarians.
- Strong focus on incorporating imaging findings into the clinical exam. Diagnose the relevant.
- MRI: 450-500 cases per year
- Scintigraphy: 250-300 cases per year.
- CT (just started) 100-150 cases per year estimated.
- Surgery 1000 per year.
- Full time
- You become part of the Orthopaedics / Diagnostic Imaging unit.
- A possible day in your professional life: 2 lameness exams, a vetting, 3 MRI readings, a CT in between, 2 clinical work ups after bone scan. (after some training :-))
- Out-of-hours rotation
- You’re stimulated to travel the world and speak on international congresses.
- You’re supported on extra training, courses, congresses.
Send your letter of intent and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by August 31st 2019.