Associate Professor in Diagostic Imaging
School of Veterinary Science, Faculty of Science, University of Sydney
Reference no. 2102/1019C
- Opportunity to work at the 1st ranked Veterinary Science School in the Southern Hemisphere and 9th globally, focusing on Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging/Research
- Located at Camperdown / Camden Campus, at the School of Veterinary Science
- Full-Time, Continuing Academic - Level D, Base Salary: $156,848 p.a. - $172,794 p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Associate Professor who possesses experience in the following areas:
- Postgraduate Research qualification (PhD) or near completion, in the area of veterinary diagnostic imaging.
- Eligibility to be registered in NSW.
- Diplomate ECVS or Diplomate ACVS or Fellowship of the ANZCVS permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Scientists Board as a Specialist in Diagnostic Imaging.Specialist qualification in veterinary diagnostic imaging, eligible to be registered in NSW.
- Interpreting conventional radiographs, CT, MRI images, performing outpatient ultrasounds and specialised imaging procedures for other specialists.
- Postgraduate and undergraduate teaching.
This position is within the Sydney School of Veterinary Science, Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney. The Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) is an internationally renowned provider of education and research, ranked 1st Veterinary Science School in the Southern Hemisphere and 9th globally (QS rankings, 2019).
A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members. The School provides first class veterinary primary care and referral services across all major species to support high quality teaching and research that meets global accreditation standards. The University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals (UVTH) comprise the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Sydney (UVTHS) located at the Camperdown campus, and an equine and small animal hospital, a wildlife, exotic, reptile and avian hospital and ambulatory livestock and equine services at the Camden campus (UVTHC). The University has established and advanced the standard for primary and specialty practice in Australia, through its 5000 plus graduates, continuing education and its clinical services, as the only veterinary school in the Southern Hemisphere to operate continuously since 1910.
The Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging discipline in SSVS provides a comprehensive service program across the two campuses of the School. This is facilitated by advanced imaging capacity at both campuses - MRI and CT scanning (currently being upgraded) at Sydney campus and Standing MRI and Nuclear Scintigraphy at Camden campus, a PACS system that allows remote reporting, and staff movement between the two campuses.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2102/1019C to apply.
Routine pre-employment probity checks will be carried out for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 7 November 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.