Locum Position, Veterinary Radiolologist (maternity cover)
Medisch Centrum voor Dieren (MCD), Amsterdam
Medisch Centrum voor Dieren (MCD), is a large leading multidisciplinary companion animal referral only centre in Amsterdam. We accept referrals in Internal Medicine, Soft Tissue Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Neurology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Ophtalmology and Physiotherapy. We also have a 24-hour emergency service. We are looking for an:
ECVDI or ACVR DIPLOMATE or BOARD ELIGIBLE candidate RADIOLOGY
to cover a maternity leave for a four month period starting May 14th. Full time or part time applicants will be considered. The position is for 4 or 5 days a week.
The radiology service supports the above mentioned specialties. Radiology has two ECVDI diplomates and a diagnostic imaging intern. We also have diplomates of the ECVS and ECVO and Dutch specialists in Internal medicine, Dermatology, Orthopedics and Soft Tissue Surgery. Consultation with in-house specialists and referring veterinarians may be required. The radiology team also includes three nurses. Imaging facilities include a 16 slice Philips CT scanner, Esaote MR scanner (0.23T), Esaote MyLab ClassC and MyLab Alpha ultrasound machines, two CR radiology rooms and Osirix/Horos PACS.
- You are qualified ECVDI or ACVR diplomate or board eligible;
- You want to deliver a good quality of veterinary medicine and expand your veterinary knowledge;
- You have a positive attitude and excellent communication and social skills;
- You are capable of working both as a team and independently;
- You work accurately and quickly;
- You are eager to learn;
- Dutch language is not required, English is;
- You recognize yourself in our MCD-AniCura values.
MCD joined AniCura since November 1, 2016. AniCura is one of Europe’s leading providers of high-quality veterinary care for companion animals. AniCura's vision is to shape the future of veterinary care, together through co-operation and knowledge sharing in a values based organization. Leading words in our vision are: Together, Quality and Service,
- A fulltime or part-time position for the period of four months in Amsterdam;
- No after-hours or weekend responsibilities are required;
- Compensations will be dependent upon experience and are negotiable;
- Travel and lodging will be the responsibility of the candidate;
- A responsible, varied, challenging job with room to develop further;
- A working environment in the largest, excellently equipped private animal health clinic in the Netherlands, where internal multidisciplinary consultation is possible to share and bundle knowledge;
- A great team of enthusiastic colleagues. A young and rapidly growing entrepreneurial company with a no-nonsense culture;
- A challenging function where your talent really can make the difference!
Amsterdam is full of world history. It is very unique for its large and untouched historic center. It has a rich architectural history, dominated by water. It is a meeting point for all different cultures around the world and has a welcoming attitude towards visitors. Well known for its museums, red light district, coffee shops but also the great variety of eating & drinking places and night life. And of course wooden shoes, tulips, Vincent Van Gough, the UNESCO Heritage Canal system and many more!
If you are interested in learning more about the position of would like to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Dr. Maartje Passon-Vastenburg, Maartje.firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2018.
Maartje Passon-Vastenburg, Department head Radiology, MCD-AniCura,
Isolatorweg 45, 1014 AS Amsterdam