Pride Veterinary Centre, Derby, UK
The team of 100+ veterinary professionals at Pride deliver Specialist led care across all disciplines, collaborating to provide the best possible outcome for all our patients. The imaging team is composed of radiologists, specialised intern, radiographers and dedicated nurses. A resident role is planned for the future. Pride is a teaching hospital, in full collaboration with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
Pride is a state of the art referral hospital in Derby. Imaging facilities include digital radiography, C-Arm fluoroscopy, 2 GE ultrasound machines, a 16-slice GE CT and 1.5T HDE MRI. Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Finance, Customer Care, HR and IT on site.
We are looking for an experienced referral level ultra-sonographer to join our established team, a referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers and colleagues alike.
The majority of the ultrasound caseload is abdominal, with the rest of the cases consisting in musculoskeletal, neck and ocular ultrasonographic examinations. The ideal candidate should be experienced and knowledgeable in ultrasonography, as well as ultrasound-guided tissue sampling. You should have excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical aptitudes. You must be a MRCVS holder and hold a further qualification in diagnostic imaging such as a Certificate and/or internship.
A competitive salary package, depending on experience, is supplemented with an allowance of 33 days holiday plus 5 CPD days and other benefits.
Required skills and experience….
1. Diagnostic Imaging internship
2. Ultra-sound diagnostic and reporting experience
3. Diagnostic sampling skills set, to include fine needle aspiration
Would be good to have….
1. Peer reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
2. Further qualifications and accreditations in Diagnostic Imaging and beyond
3. Diagnostic sampling skills set, to include tru-cut liver samples and swallow studies
4. Muscular-skeletal ultra-sonography
5. Working knowledge of other DI modalities especially CT and digital-radiographs
Professional Perks and Benefits
1. £1000 CPD allowance
2. RCVS and VDS costs covered plus 2 chosen subscriptions
3. Opportunity to work alongside other specialists to develop knowledge
1. Birthday off work
2. Death in Service cover
3. Increase in holiday allowance with service
4. Discount Staff Pet Scheme
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com