Radiologist Maternity Cover / Locum Opportunity
Pride Veterinary Centre - Derby
Hours as required
The experienced, friendly team of 100+ veterinary professionals at Pride deliver Specialist led care across all disciplines, collaborating to provide the best possible outcome for all our patients. The imaging team is composed of one radiologist and two ultrasonographers. Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Finance, Customer Care, HR and IT on site. The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to our own first opinion teams.
We have a maternity cover opening starting from January 2019 and would consider applications for short to medium term cover and from full time to part time hours – depending on your individual needs. If required we can provide high level accommodation local to our practice. Pride veterinary centre is a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This maternity cover/ locum opening provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals. We have four modalities on site consisting of CT, high field MRI, US and radiography. The focus of this role would be in cross sectional imaging with an exciting, challenging and diverse caseload, working closely with a dynamic and international team of specialists. This would really suit a referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
Required skills and experience….
1. ECVDI or equivalent residency trained.
2. ECVDI or equivalent specialist status will be prioritised
3. Significant experience in the Diagnostic Imaging team at a referral hospital
4. Diagnostic and reporting experience in English, covering all modalities
5. Complete and confident sampling skills set, also to include swallow studies
Would be good to have….
1. Peer reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
2. Further qualifications and accreditations in Diagnostic Imaging and beyond
3. Tele radiology experience reporting all modalities to demanding service level agreements
4. Cardio Echo capability and experience
5. Previous experience in teaching
Interested applicants please email: firstname.lastname@example.org