Internship in Diagnostic Imaging - Veterinary Clinical Sciences
University of Montreal, Canada
INTERNSHIP IN VETERINARY CLINICAL SCIENCES (I.P.S.A.V. - 259016) 2019-2020
POSITION: DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING INTERNSHIP
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
DEADLINE TO RECEIVE FULL APPLICATION: 15 JANUARY 2019
This internship in veterinary clinical sciences is an intensive clinical training program of 12 months (53 weeks) duration. A certificate is awarded upon completion of the program. The program includes clinical training and participation in clinical teaching rounds and teaching laboratories. Interns will work in the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vétérinaire (CHUV) and will be supervised by clinicians, professors and the program coordinator. The intern will provide after hours patient care on a rotating basis. Interns are eligible for three non-consecutive vacation weeks determined by the program director. Any professional activities performed outside the internship program must be declared to the associate dean for clinical training and continuing education.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent
• Have recently completed an internship or equivalent clinical experience (2 years)
• License from the Ordre des Médecins Vétérinaires du Québec before starting the program
• Working knowledge of French
TUITION FEES (Amounts shown are in Canadian currency):
• Landed immigrants and Canadian citizens living in Quebec, French citizens, Francophone Belgian citizens : +/- $5,000 / year
• Landed immigrants and Canadian citizens not living in Quebec : +/- $12,000 / year
• Other nationalities : +/- $26,000 / year
For information regarding the eligibility criteria and procedures to apply for scholarships for foreign student tuition fees, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate receives $18 000 for 53 weeks.
(1) Out-of-hour duties based on the clinical schedule;
(2) Patient care during undergraduate student’s vacation;
(3) Clinical teaching duties.
PROGRAM DURATION: June 25th, 2019 to June 29th, 2020 (For the intern on call, the program will end at 8:00 am the next day)
Any interested applicant must complete by January 15th, 2019 at the latest all following procedures:
• the application; https://admission.umontreal.ca/admission/depot-de-la-demande/demande-dadmission ($99 fee) and submit the following documents: a letter of intent, a resume (CV), a photograph;
• the evaluation sheet, (to be sent by post to the address indicated on the application form)
• Students having done a traineeship at the University Hospital must provide their traineeship assessment with their application.
International students must also provide:
• a copy of the passport and
• transcript for each year of veterinary degree specifying GPA and class rank
Important: Please indicate the position you are interested in on the application form
The selected candidate will be contacted on March 1st, 2019 by phone and email. Each candidate will have 24 hours to accept or decline the position. If a candidate withdraws, the next candidate on the rank list will be contacted until all positions are filled. This rank list will not be disclosed. This process can take several days. Candidates on the waiting list will be notified by email and a written letter. Candidates not selected will be notified in writing.
For information on the admission process please contact:
Mrs. Isabelle Codo, Student Affairs, Faculté de médecine vétérinaire email@example.com
Phone: 450 773-8521 or 514 345-8521 extension 8224, Fax: 450 778-8101
**Students having done more than 3 months of training in the CHUV’s small animal hospital during their 5th year are exempt from providing 3 letters/grids, however evaluations of the training are to be annexed to the application. Letters and grids from veterinarians outside the CHUV are however welcome.